My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.reefdisorder.com
and update your bookmarks.


Monday, September 17, 2007

Obsessive Compulsive Reef Disorder

What exactly does that mean? Well, it came from a forum post over at Reef Central in the Philadelphia Area Reef Club forum. It was from a reef widow, or a woman who has lost her husband to the reef tank. My wife claims that she is a reef widow and that I spend too much time staring at the tank, fiddling with the tank, looking at magazines and books about the tank and being online at forums chatting about the tank.

The woman on the forum said that her husband was obsessed with his tank and called it Reef OCD. I kinda think that it is a fairly appropriate term for anyone who is into reefkeeping. It is such an amazing hobby and you can get totally wrapped up in it.Honestly, if I wasn't married with children, I know that I would have already purchased several additional large tanks and be up to my nose in fish gear. (And being that I am officially a nerd, it would all be completely automated.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have OCRD too. As soon as you find a cure, let me know.

Derek M. Rodner said...

There is no cure. But, it does lead to other diseases like Obsessive Compulsive Pond Disorder.