My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.reefdisorder.com
and update your bookmarks.


Friday, September 28, 2007

Help! I am smoking my tank away

So, I said in the beginning that I would talk about my quest for a big tank and how that impacts the dynamics of the family and my relationship with my wife.  I jump into any hobby with both feet.  I did it with a home networking and video on demand project.  I did it with the construction of our house.  (No, I did not build it, but I visited every single day to make sure it was going well.)  I do with my love of the St. Joe's Hawks (The Hawk Will Never Die).  And I am doing it with my reef tank. 

So, it wasn't long after my wife bought me my current 14g BioCube that I started thinking BIGGER.  I haven't nailed it down yet, but we are talking somewhere between 180 and 240 gallons.  Yes, that's big.

My wife decided that I needed some incentive to quit smoking, so she said, quit smoking, get a tank.  Oh, and don't spend our money!  Well, she didn't really say that, but I took it upon myself to decide that I can only have one hobby with a full house.  So, I sold all of my tech gear (well, most of it) to pay for the new tank. 

And, I officially quit smoking on August 23rd.  I am now over am month into not smoking and I have started my search for the perfect tank. 

No comments: