My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.reefdisorder.com
and update your bookmarks.


Saturday, September 29, 2007

Mark Twain's "The Diary of Adam and Eve"

Mark Twain wrote a great short story that is called "The Diary of Adam and Eve".  Essentially, it is the story of Adam and Eve each told from their own point of view from creation until after they are kicked out of the Garden of Eden. It is a very funny read and I highly recommend it.

What does this have to do with me and this blog?  Well, I talk a lot about my wife on here and as I re-read some of this, I get to thinking that it is a one-sided view.  I also think I may have painted my wife in a negative light.  That is not the case.  My wife is a truly fantastic person.  I love her dearly and can't imagine my life without her.  I have a wonderful step daughter because of her and she has also suffered through childbirth twice to give us two more beautiful children, one is almost 2yo and the other just 4 weeks.

She keeps me in line and from overspending on my reef tank and pond.  This is in the best interest of the family!  

The reality is that the fish tank and the pond are just about the only things we disagree on or argue about and given all of the other "problems" that couples have, I think we are in great shape.  After all, in the grand scheme of things, this is a petty argument. 

Anyway, I am thinking that maybe I should invite my wife to have her say and do a post or two.  Might make for an interesting point/counterpoint.... or Adam and Eve, if you will... ;)

No comments: