My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.reefdisorder.com
and update your bookmarks.


Monday, October 19, 2009

Quick Clownfish Update

I have a bunch of pictures that I have taken over the last several weeks, showing the pre-mini-crash and post mini-crash.

But, I wanted to give a quick update.  The clownfish have laid their second clutch of eggs.  This happened on Saturday night, during my daughter's 4th birthday party.  It was quite exciting for everyone there!  But, alas, they did not lay on the clay pot I putin for them, but rather deep in the rock between the 2 anemones.  No ida how I am going to get the fry when they are born.... ughhh...

In the meantime, I now have 8 phytoplankton cultures going and 2 5 gallon buckets of rotifers.  I ended up exchanging emails with Randy Reed at Reed Mariculture last week because I was definitely doing something wrong.  But, have no fear, the rotifers are going strong now. 

So, with a water temp consistently around 78.5 degrees, I am thinking 8 days until the eggs hatch.

Oh, and for those of you who have followed along from the inception of this blog, I am now on Day 8 of Chantix.  I am trying yet again to quit smoking!

No comments: