My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.reefdisorder.com
and update your bookmarks.


Friday, February 27, 2009

Back again

It has been so long since I posted. Sorry, folks! I am back. I started a new job on January 12. You can read more about it here: www.agilenceinc.com or here http://stopshrink.blogspot.com.

Anyway, lots has happened since my last post. The brain who ate my wrasse apparently bit off more than he could chew and has since wilted away to almost nothing. But, he is still alive and in my fuge.

Speaking of fuge, my refugium had become a mess. There wasn't enough sand, there was too little flow, caluerpa algae was intertwined with my chaetomorpha so I basically started over. I yanked out everything and added back clean chaeto, added to the sand and only put back rocks that were not covered with bad algae. It looks so nice now, almost like a display tank!!!

I have been futzing with my RO/DI unti and Auto Top-offs so I don't have to worry about flooding the basement (as I tend to do on occassion). Right now I think I have it working. I have the output tee off and go to both 35g trash cans (one for fresh RO/DI and the other for my water change water). Each one also has a float valve.

Today is the day when I let it run to see if they all work correctly!

Finally, my SPS is doing so well that I had to move some of it. And, since I try to not use plugs (going for a natural look), it becomes difficult to move a piece. But, i have had success and the remnants from their original position become frags for the next batch!!!

I PROMISE to keep this more up to date and to add pictures shortly.

Oooh, speaking of which, I got a brand new Canon XSi ! ! ! ! As soon as I leanr how to really use it, you will be amazed. My pictures have never been able to capture the real colors of my tank. Hopefully, this camera will be able to do it!

5 comments:

James said...

Welcome back! I stumbled across your blog back in January and since started my own tank's blog. Take a look and keep the posts up!

chris said...

Hows the tank doing/

Jerry said...

It doesn't look like you're keeping your blog up-to-date! It's always interesting to read how much time and money others invest in this hobby. You can see how much I spend on my reef tank

James said...

You should try to update more!

How's the tank doing?

James said...

O, sorry, just saw you updated. :)