My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.reefdisorder.com
and update your bookmarks.


Monday, January 28, 2008

Phosphates, Phosphates... nowhere?

So, I have been battling hair algae as you already know, so a friend of mine came over with a Hanna Phosphate meter to get an accurate reading and to test my other parameters.  Turns out my phosphates were at .4ppm!  Not too bad. 

The problem it seems is my Alkalinity.  My dKh was at 7 and should be around 9-10.  So, I am working to get that up.  I put in an additional Phospan reactor and filled it with carbon and made some minor changes to my sump set-up. 

It looks like it is now just a waiting game.  Now that my flow is up significantly and I am getting a lot of water down to the sump and fuge, I just have to wait it out. 

Patience is key in reefkeeping and this is no exception.

No comments: