My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.reefdisorder.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, January 18, 2008

More Bad Luck

This is turning into a saga...  But, am I discouraged?  NO WAY.

Late last night I went downstairs to turn off my RO/DI unit (making a new batch of salt water for my Sunday water change) and noticed both the fuge and sump were almost full-up meaning no water was pumping into the tank.  After restarting the pump several times, I realized what happened.nov 191

A large piece of green grape algae (very large) somehow got sucked over the baffle and right into the pump!!!

Who knows what I am going to do now.  I am hoping that I can open up the pump and remove the algae and it will work.  We shall see. 

The problem is that the way I have plumbed the pump, if I can not easily remove the screws, etc, I will have to cut my PVC to replace the pump and that means hours more work, not to mention having to drive to Champion Lighting this weekend to get a new pump.  For reference, the pump is a BlueLine HD70.

I will let you know what happens.

No comments: